Friday 7 August 2015

Pressure Pressure.

Hei.
I know it's been awhile since I've last posted.I have been busy with school in the day and afterwards exhaustion at night. It's week 3 and I am adjusting to the daily dancing, twice weekly Pilates and theory classes in the afternoon.

School is fine,but I feel like I am not. I found out I didn't have good technique in Ballet, I was using the wrong leg muscles in most positions and transitions, I did not engage my back muscles when my arms are in the various positions as well. And because I have a slightly lazy right ankle, my foot doesn't work as hard as it should in Pointe class.

Somehow, I'm just disappointed. In myself and the studio I previously went to. I cannot entirely blame anyone, I just felt like I've wasted all these years, time and money without progressing. The amount of stress I feel within me to push ahead and improve is immense,

It has never crossed my mind to give dance up. Dance is my life, I live and breathe it. My first love, always. And you know what they say, if you think dance is easy, you're doing it wrong.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want to improve, and I'd push 200% every time in class because I know it won't be easy. And knowing that it's going to be a tough uphill challenge makes me feel stressed.
"I would want a younger child looking at me on the cover to see themselves, to see endless opportunities, to see possibilities that they never even thought were something that they could attain. I want them to be able to see dreams through me." - Misty Copeland

No comments: