Friday 25 September 2015

Injury.

Hei hei
I have been busy busy with school and recently so down because I hurt myself on Wednesday. I think it was during Contemporary class when we had to do jumps,and it had been awhile since I've done Contemp jumps.Must have landed funny and my ankle has been swollen since. I hate this feeling,I wish it could just go away instantly.
But sometimes, injuries allow us to reflect on ourselves and where we could have been more careful. Ankle and knee and shoulder injuries are common,since it's the most mobile joint in the body. And mostly injuries occur because we did something wrong, and in my case; landing.
These past 2 days, I keep thinking of the day I cannot dance anymore, be it injury or age, and I fear that day the most. I cannot imagine myself not dancing, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to do anything else. Yes, I may find another passion/hobby, but I could never ever give up on my first love. Nobody can. I remembered when I first started dancing, how it made me feel, and even now, when I'm tired before the day even begins, I still get up and dance. And after that,I'm glad I did.
Exams are in about a month or so, and I can't have another injury.
Until then.

No comments: