Thursday 10 April 2014

I Am Cafe//Laksania

Hei there♡
About two days back,I met my bij Thines again during her spring break here and we actually settled on Mu Parlour Cafe at Holland Village two weeks back.But when the time came,both of us were not 'in the mood' to travel there (girls being...girls heehee) so we agreed on this cafe that we wanted to go when we were in Bugis the last time as well.The place is I Am Cafe.It is a non air-conditioned cafe with dark interior furniture but I like it.I didn't take any interior pictures because the cafe was quite packed and I didn't want people thinking I was taking pictures of them.In fact,the cafe was so packed we had to wait about half an hour for the crowd to clear and killed time by window shopping and taking pictures.


















Thines' watch♥
It's so vintage and chic,I just had to take some shots.






Here comes the food pictures!
I didn't take an overview of our orders because we were so hungry by then and gobbled down the starter.


My Pasta in Tomato Basil sauce with Chicken Sausage


Starter - Chicken bombs with cheesy insides


Thines' Fish & Chips


Desserts were Rainbow Crepe & Cake
It was our first time at the cafe and the main reason why we went to this place was because Thines wanted to try the rainbow cake.However,it was a tad too dry for our liking.That being said,there were other customers who ordered the cake slices and I could tell it wasn't their first time there.I guess it's very personal but that was just our verdict (:



All in all,the mains at I Am Cafe are good and I'd go back for them again but not for the desserts.The starters are also slightly pricey in my opinion,especially for students.Mains start from $13,the desserts we ordered were $9.80 each,starter was $6.90 and the ice tea was $3.50.It looks so strange,listing all the prices down hahahh. 

My Kelantan Laksa at Laksania,Bugis Plus
This little eatery sells food on an average of $5 which I personally feel that it is so affordable in town.As the name suggests,they sell Laksa and there were about six to choose from.Sarawak,Kelantan and Singapore Laksa.
My laksa didn't contain any meat except for the soup which had mackerel incorporated,so for meat eaters/lovers,the Singapore laksa would contain the usual prawns,cockles and fishcake.


AND,Asian Tofu Salad from Soup Spoon.
I know how ironic I sound right now,my friends.Trust me,I do.





I Am Cafe
674 North Bridge Road #01-01, off Haji Lane
Singapore 188804
Tel: 6295 5509



Laksania
Bugis+
201 Victoria Street
#04-04
Singapore 188067
Tel: +65 6636 9776 

No comments: